Our student, Alba Lemos, gives us a rundown on the many things you can do in London if you have a small budget or would like to save up. Here are 21 things you can do in London for £10 or less:
- Most of the museums are free (apart from The Museum of Transport) and their respective exhibitions.
- You can get clothes and different things for less than £5 or even for £1 in a charity shop.
- You can enter almost all of the pubs in London for free, and some of them will let you enjoy live gigs.
- Plan a visit to the Skygarden for free, London’s highest public garden, at Fenchurch Street.
- Go to one of the restaurants in The Shard, located at London Bridge. You can enjoy the amazing views from there only paying for your drink (less than £10) or dinner if you wish to spend more.
- Have lunch in a market (Camden, Brick Lane and Borough for example) for £5 or £6.
- Some theatres offer cheap tickets with decent sightlines (£10 Mondays at the Royal Court, £10 at Lyric Hammersmith for instance)
- Lidos for £4 in Tooting, Charlton, Finchley and London Fields.
- With the student card you can get discounts on food and clothes.
- Watch an opera or ballet at The Royal Opera House for £5.
- See a show at The Royal Albert Hall for £5.
- Enjoy a cruise from London Zoo to Little Venice for £5.
- You can go to the cinema for £3.50 on Tuesdays at the Coronet Cinema in Notting Hill.
- Free walking tours.
- 1 Free coffee or tea at Waitrose if you have the Waitrose client card. You have to apply for it online and it will be delivered to your home.
- Walk through Hyde Park, Regents Park, St. James’ Park and all of the public parks that there are in London.
- First lesson for free at English Studio.
- Take a picture at the platform 9 3/4 as if you were Harry Potter pushing his trolley to take the Hogwarts Express for free.
- If you pick up the Metro newspaper, you can get McDonalds discounts and you can eat for £2.
- Street performers at Covent Garden and Leicester Square.
- You can hear opera singers at Covent Garden for free.
Can you think of any other things to do in London for less than £10? Please let us know and we’ll add them to the list.