Getting a visa to study in any country can be a complicated exercise. However, despite the impression that our immigration service may give you, the UK and London is a very welcoming place for English Language students so please don’t give up if it seems very complex at first. In this section we will tell if you need a visa, what type you need and how to get one. If you have any questions or need any more information then please contact us and we’ll do our best to help.

Students from European Union Countries
EU citizens do not need a visa to study in the UK.

Students from countries outside the European Union
Non-EU students can apply for a short term study visa for up to 11 months.

Short term study Visa
* This visa is required for courses up to eleven months
* All new visa applications have to be made from you home country
* Students who are Visa Nationals (e.g. Colombia, Russia, Thailand and Turkey) and are studying for less than six months will need to apply for entry clearance before travelling to the UK.
* Full details can be found at
* Students who are Non-Visa Nationals (including Brazil, Japan, Korea and Mexico) studying for less than six months, can choose to apply for entry clearance before travel. Visa applications can also be made at the airport on arrival in the UK.
* Students who wish to apply for this visa must have a letter of enrolment from The English Studio. To get this letter students must:
o Send a scanned copy of their passport
o Pay their fees in full

Must be 85% or over or the school will report the student to the UK Border Agency in accordance with their guidelines.