Pre-arrival information for students
The English Studio in London
Many thanks for choosing The English Studio for your English course. In order to help you prepare for your first day of class we recommend you read the following information and return to this page if you have any questions before you arrive at school.
If you cannot find the information you need here, please contact us by email to [email protected] or call the school on +44 (0)207 299 1700.
Passport and Emergency Contact Details
Send us a copy of your Passport and Emergency contact details (someone whom we can contact in case of an emergency while you are at the school) to [email protected].
If you need a visa to enter and/or study in the UK please email us a copy of your visa when you receive it. Email [email protected] if you need a visa application support letter from The English Studio.
Online Placement Test
Complete the online placement test (see below for more information).
If you have booked accommodation with The English Studio please send us your flight and visa details (if required) in order for us to confirm your booking. Email this information, with your Student ID from The English Studio in the subject line, to [email protected]. Your Student ID can be found on your booking confirmation.
If you would like to book an airport transfer email your details to [email protected] and we will be happy to organise this for you.
Before you start your course, you need to complete an online placement test.
We ask that you do it at least one week before your arrival at school so that we can ensure you are placed in the right class for your level when you start your course. We need you to complete this test even if you have previously studied at The English Studio.
- The test should be completed at least 1 week before your course start date.
- You should complete test without any assistance from another person, or looking up information on a website or in a dictionary.
If you are not already in the UK, you will pass through the UK border at the airport, port or international train station.
When you arrive at Passport Control you should expect the Border Force officers to ask you some simple questions about your stay and your studies in the UK.
To ensure you able to enter the UK as quickly and smoothly as possible please make sure you:
- Have your Passport ready and remove it from any cover
- Have completed a passenger locator form
- Have details of your course and confirmation documents ready
- Tell the immigration officer that you are coming to the UK to study English
- Keep any medical documentation, recent bank statements and details of where you are staying in your hand luggage (the Border Force may ask to see this information)
- Do not give false or misleading information (including forged or counterfeit documents)
- If you don’t need to apply for a Visa in advance, please make sure that the stamp you receive on your Visa is a Student Visitor Visa
Please have information about your course, your confirmation documents and details of where you are staying in your hand luggage and do not travel with them in your flight hold luggage.
There are restrictions on what you can bring into the UK. These include:
- Certain foods, plants, alcohol, tobacco, gifts and sums of money equivalent to $10,000 or more.
- Do not bring in endangered plants or animals, this includes ivory, skins, hides and shells and any products made from them.
- Never bring in counterfeit goods, illegal drugs, offensive weapons or indecent or obscene material. Some items are restricted and will require a licence or permit.
For more information on these restrictions please read the UK Government’s Travelling to the UK advice.
Arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of your class on your first day.
Morning courses – arrive at 08:45 on your first day
Afternoon courses – arrive at 13:00 on your first day
You will need to:
- Finalise your booking arrangements
- Check-in with our Academic Manager to receive details of your classes
- Attend a short School Induction session
Your first class will begin at
Morning courses – 09:15
Afternoon courses – 13:30
Remember our staff and teachers are here to help, so if you need anything on your first day or at any time, please speak with any member of staff.
If you have already paid for your course book, please go to your class on your first day to check that the English level is right for you. You can then collect your book from reception before class on your second day.
If you have not yet paid for your course book you will need to do so before you can start class on your second day.
The reception is open from Tuesday to Friday from 08:30 to 17:00.
Reception is closed on Public Holidays (see below for details).
The reception is open from Tuesday to Friday from 08:30 to 17:00.
|01 January 2021||New Year’s Day||Friday|
|02 April 2021||Good Friday||Friday|
|05 April 2021||Easter Monday||Monday|
|03 May 2021||Early May Bank Holiday (May Day)||Monday|
|31 May 2021||Spring Bank Holiday||Monday|
|30 August 2021||August Bank Holiday||Monday|
|27 December 2021||Christmas Bank Holiday||Monday|
|28 December 2021||Boxing Day||Tuesday|
|03 January 2022||New Year’s Bank Holiday||Monday|
Please see The English Studio’s Terms & Conditions for more information.
- We expect all students to maintain an attendance rate of at least 85% or above
- All students should attend their scheduled classes in the morning and/or afternoon
- All students should be on time for their class; lateness to class is not tolerated
- Students will not be allowed into class if they arrive 20 minutes after class has started (you must wait until after the break and then join then)
- All students should inform the school by telephone, email or by coming to speak with a member of the Student Services team in the Reception if they are sick and need to miss class
- All student holidays must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance and in accordance with the school’s Holiday Policy.
- If you are away from class because of sickness or have a medical appointment, you must bring a medical certificate when you come back to school
- If you fail to maintain at least an 85% attendance rate you may not receive your school certificate at the end of your course
Visit the Policies page on our website to review the full Attendance Policy and our other policy documents.
Address – 10 Great Turnstile, Holborn, London, WC1V 7JU
Email (for general information) – [email protected]
Phone – +44 (0)207 299 1700
Emergency phone – +44 (0) 7496 721149 (outside school opening hours only)
Money in the UK
You may find a big difference between the price of items in the UK compared to your own country.
The currency is the UK is GBP or Great British Pounds, shown with the symbol £.
100 pence (p) = 1 pound (£)
There are 8 coins and 4 notes
- Coins – 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2
- Notes – £5, £10, £20 and £50
Banks and Card machines
There are many cash points (ATM) around Holborn and close to the school.
The closest post office is located at 181 High Holborn, London, WC1X 0DU. This is about 10 minutes’ walk from the school.
Open – Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 18:00 (Tuesdays open from 9:30).
Phone and Mobiles
The U.K international dialling code is +44 or 0044
We have free SIM cards available at the reception. You will need to visit Bridges – next to Holborn Station – to top-up the SIM Card.
The closest pharmacy is located inside Superdrug (near Holborn underground station). There is also a pharmacy located inside Boots (2 minutes walk from the school).
Wi-Fi access is available in school. You will receive access details on your first day which are also posted around the school.
Shops and Restaurants
Most of the shops around High Holborn are open from 8:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, times vary on Saturday and Sunday.
There are many cafés, coffee shops and restaurants close to the school. There is also a well-stocked supermarket across the road from the school where you can pick up light refreshments and snacks in between classes.